Friday, April 25, 2014

Fool Me Once, But Not Twice

Should I become a conspirator by thinking ill thoughts about Peco? I was really put out of sorts the other night when the power went off in hick-up style: on-off, on-off a couple times, until it finally shut off altogether. With the digital clocks blinking away, the prowler light on-off, on-off, and the huge, loud diesel generator at Manor Care down the street cranking up like an overloaded eighteen wheeler chugging up an incline; that night was not one for sleeping. I'm still listening for a credible answer for why this outage occurred.

This morning I learned a reactor was being shutdown. Is there a connection? Limerick is aging, maybe aging faster then the corporate heads want to admit. Should we in the area of evacuation become more uneasy?

I date back to the time when Peco was selling the concept that, if they were allowed to build Limerick, local customers for electricity would get power for almost no cost. We were duped then, so are we being duped now?

Fool me once, shame on you ; fool me twice, shame on me.

Ronald C. Downie

No comments:

Post a Comment