Sunday, December 18, 2011

Haiku 67

Haiku 67 ( 17 syllables in 3 lines of 5/7/5 each )

If words can't move you out of apathy, what can ?
*Forget about lines,
*Vote out these mad line drawers -
*Take back your country.

A Haiku to tame the savage beast :
"Give me liberty,
Or give me death." sings out -
Stirs the blood of Man !

A Haiku which leans on your shoulders :
Ask : why should I care ?
Answer : if not me, who then ?
Leaders energize !

Are words in Haiku able to make a difference ?
Like a bad penny,
My Haiku's image my mind -
No followers, though. 

Haiku to express utter shame of education policy.*
Where is the damn shame ?
48% schools fail !
Shame on your damn watch !

Someday Haiku may allow you an eureka moment.
When asked what we did ?
Found a good cause, then acted -
Made the difference.

Ronald C. Downie

No comments:

Post a Comment