Thursday, June 20, 2013

Casey Downie

Casey Downie

Advancing age has a dumbing down effect on an elderly's thinking, mine included. But, a wakeup call came this morning from my granddaughter, son Ron's daughter, Casey.

Over the years, I turned my interests in books over to writing short verses to commemorate important dates :
birthdays, holidays, family deaths, graduations. I hoped my words would be inspirational at the time and their meaning last long into the future.

Then this morning on Facebook my granddaughter, Casey, posted my poem written to her on her eight birthday. Giving recognition to earlier written verse is only surpassed by a hug and a kiss in current time. I am blessed, now, by having the best of both worlds.

I'll be interestingly surprised to see more of her discoveries that she finds while cleaning out the attic treasures. Try it, you may also be surprised.

Ronald C. Downie

No comments:

Post a Comment